Saturday, December 27, 2008

Epiphany

I'm reading a book called The Dip, authored by Seth Godin. It was recommended to me by my good friend, and I recommend it to anyone who still reads this (Who am I kidding, I'm probably talking to just the one 47 year-old balding guy, still single and living out of his parents' basement in Saskatchewan. Hah!)

The Dip is only 80 pages long, and reads like a blog post, but inspires like Chicken Soup for the Soul books (not that I read those either). If you're feeling depressed or frustrated about anything (like your O-Chem grade, perhaps!), I especially suggest at least skimming through it before you do something crazy. Like rolling a pair of dice to decide how many times you'll go out this semester, in the hopes that it will raise your GPA. The book gives you a fantastic new perspective on life, no matter where you are on it.

In any case, after reading The Dip. I'd like to leave this quote I've come up with. I know, I'm so proud. I'll make it famous someday.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, but if you quit at five hundred and go back home, then you've just spent a thousand miles of your life going nowhere."




No comments: