Monday, December 15, 2008

A Hoot from a Night Owl

Just finished the last of my finals Saturday night, O-Chem. Like the other finals I took during this semester of pre-med hazing, it was mostly one long train of guessing. My GPA is on life support right now. Ugh.

Anyway, as is customary during post-finals periods, my poor sleep schedule is completely reversed. I went to sleep last night at 2 AM and woke up 15 hours later, at 5 PM, feeling extremely confused. (Huh? I thought it was dark BEFORE I went to bed?) Since then, I've mostly been inspecting the post-finals aftermath of what's left of my apartment, and sending out rescue efforts to pick up the pieces.

I've decided to stay in Austin for all except 3 or 4 days out of this winter break. I finally seemed to figure myself out towards the end of the semester, and I guess I just hate having to figure out how to be a student all over again after I spend breaks figuring out how to be lazy. Plus, it's pretty common knowledge that any books you pack when you go back home just end up being extra weight to carry, hah!

Speaking of books, I need to slide down to Half-Price sometime this week and pick up that new Michael Phelps book. I'm especially looking forward to what he has to say about how he dealt with his ADD.

To wrap up this post, here's a long-overdue list of things I'm thankful for, in no particular order, followed by a list of things I wish I could have right now, again, in no particular order.

-My wonderfully fantastic, oh-so-awesome SexyBike. It grants me immunity to gas-station-type Pokemon, but leaves me wide open to super-effective attacks from local-bike-shop-type Pokemon. (http://tinyurl.com/6hgd38)
-My ridiculously-convenient-but-maddenly-inconsistent iPhone.
-My tablet laptop, which I wish I could replace with that new HP TouchSmart laptop that I don't have money for.
-My bumpin' party power tower, which, by night, goes by the name "Logitech Z-2300."
-My luxurious-yet-bedroom-cramped apartment.
-The sexiest Indian motherfucker alive who doubles as a fantastic roommate, Pawan!! (Ladies, he's single, but it won't be for long!)
-My air mattress, which survived being a temporary fix and has since grown to become the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on, period.
-Unlimited texting! (I'm really not like that, it's just that it's a nice thing to have)
-My family, which, despite being argumentative and frustrating and nagging, has found a way to remain the only one I have, and deserving of some love.
-My JesusBall, a blessed football handed down to me by the football powers that be at UT, who smile down benevolently upon us mere mortals.
-I suppose I can also throw in my health, good looks, and seemingly-unending stream of random talents.
-Did I mention narcissism?
-SNOW IN AUSTIN.

Wish list:
-A new Balisong, of Benchmade or similar branding.
-A waiting job.
-More autographs for my JesusBall.
-Kawasaki Ninja 250R, although I will also settle for a Ninja ZX-6R. =)
-not too much else material stuff, most of what I want is personal.

I'm really looking forward to that Trail of Lights tomorrow.

No comments: