Monday, December 29, 2008

I've got a luv-uh-lee bunch of co-cuh-nuts....

Music of the moment: Breaking the Habit - Linkin Park

[...]

It's the "going home" effect. Houston takes all that work and productivity you had planned, and takes a giant shit on it. I think it's because we're so far from campus, and we don't exactly have a high school to go back to, so we feel like it's a vacation. Honestly, who can think about work in that mindset?

Yay, time-killing!! Having friends over gets you a multiplier bonus! Heh.

I'm looking at my little list of things I was hoping to do while I'm under house arrest by the parentals. Only a few lines are crossed off, one being a mandatory court order (it's too boring to go into detail about). To be fair, three involve reading books. The Dip is at 75%, and New Ideas from Dead CEO's is at 60%. I picked up Michael Phelps' book No Limits yesterday, and that's next after these two.

On the bright side, I've actually gained three pounds since whipping my rusty ass into shape, so I'm up to 136 now. I've kept up my diet, about 3000 calories a day, although I need to push past it back into 3500 if I really want to get anywhere. At least I don't have to worry about getting fat.

The rest is in shambles so far. Tonight is another repeat of my nights in Houston. Random reading and surfing. stretching until 4 in the morning, followed by a late afternoon rise. I don't think I've gotten out of bed and seen "AM" on my alarm clock once this entire week. Boy, it's great...

Some random thoughts before I head off:
-Watching the NFL games today, you would've thought the Lions were fighting for a playoff spot, and the Cowboys were 0-16. I kept watching the Cowboys wondering not if, but when they were going to turn the ball over.
-Damn. I need a new water bottle.
-Cocaine may be one hell of a drug, but ZMA is one hell of a supplement.
-Happy birthday to my stepdad. Tonight (Sunday night) we went to Outback to celebrate. Mmmm, cheap steak. I bought him Bill O'Reilly's book, A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity, since he's a talk radio junkie.
-It's official: 2008 hates the Longhorns. Add the New York Times to the long list of ways Texas has been screwed this year. Or, at the least, Thayer Evans, who is secretly an OU beat reporter in journalist's clothing.
-After witnessing excellent ball movement, and Ron-Ron manning up and making it rain 28 points on the Jazz, I saw T-Slack as expendable for the first time since ever. That's hard for me to say, considering both jerseys I own are his, but you know you need to get your cajones together when people like Jon Feigen and Bill Worrell are starting to call you out.

Only a couple more days until I'm back in Austin.

No comments: