Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Glass Half Full

Music of the moment: I'm Yours - Jason Mraz

[...]

Dear Fox,

Another chapter closes.

There's no need to complicate, our time is short.

I feel a little Subdued, knowing that as much as I would have liked for things to have ended up a certain way, they couldn't, and didn't. We both knew. But I'm Happy that we left things the way we did. It's for the best. And I'm happy for All the time that we spent together, however short it might have been.

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror,
and bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer,
My breath fogged up the glass, so I drew a new face and laughed.

Even more, I'm happy that, without saying a word, you helped me overcome my own long-held fears and doubts about myself. Too long, I fought myself, Agonizing about petty details and dissecting situations, to the point of inaction. You've given me hope, and something a little more. I can only hope you feel the same way.

I Reckon it's again my turn, to win some or learn some.

I'm sure this won't be our last encounter. But for now, my mind is clear, my heart is alive, and I am at peace. I can move on.

Thank you.

-Hound