Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Recap.

Music of the moment: Better Days - Goo Goo Dolls

[...]

Happy new year, happy new year!

I'm not going to write about some dumb resolutions I have. If I set them for the entire year I'll be sure to forget them in a few months anyway. The better approach is to set a bunch of mini-resolutions for each week or month, and try to apply them in your life and follow them.

That's weird, I usually don't get that deep, that quickly in my posts. Oh well.

Anyway, looking back so far, my first few days of 2009 has been by far happier than almost all of 2008. Let's see, what have I done?

I've celebrated getting stupid drunk in a hotel room full of old friends and new strangers. (Thank God I didn't wake up with a hangover either, my streak remains safe!)

I've set off artillery shell fireworks in a church parking lot, and stood five feet from a triple artillery shell as it went off, just for the hell of it.

I've smoked cigars and cigarettes for the first time, just to try it. (Cigarettes taste like nasty on a stick, by the way.)

I've reconnected with random friends I never talked to before.

I've reconnected with old best friends.

I've negotiated my way to getting butt loads of free stuff from stores. (ALWAYS talk to the manager or owner! Even if you don't know them.)

I've found someone, or at least I hope.

I've gone through a 2-day period of drinking nothing but Dr. Pepper.

I've gone above and beyond to help a friend who needed it.

I've hit a new level of brotherhood with an old friend.

I've overcome my own long-held fears and doubts, in the simplest of ways, in pursuit of something I really wanted.

I've blown money on $400 worth of fireworks (and only had to pay $80 for it!), and watched it all go up in flashing lights and explosions in the sky.

And of course, I watched my TEXAS LONGHORNS come from behind to win the Fiesta Bowl!

Here's to more of the same. Cheers!

No comments: